OPets Animal List: Please be advised!
Due to changes in animal laws in New Jersey, certain animals are no longer available for presentations or programs in that state as noted below:
As of July 2019 – NO Crocodilians, Foxes, or Wallabies are allowed in New Jersey for parties or educational programs. Animal law changes have occurred due to “Nosey’s Law” as signed by Governor Murphy. Please click the link below for specific information regarding this law.
OPets’ is aware that our customers want the first-choice animals for booked events, however, we also require alternate animals noted on your contract, as well. Some animals may not be available due to illness, pregnancy, or temperamental disposition on the day of a program. Please be aware that if this section is left incomplete, the exhibitors will select alternate animals. OPets exhibitors reserve the right to make all final and alternate animal choices, as needed, for a program. Animal care and safety is alway our first consideration! Animal confirmations for programs cannot be provided prior to your program, as noted on the contract. OPets appreciates your understanding with regards to all animal selections for our programs.
Kindly choose from this Animal List when selecting your animals. You will be emailed this same list once your OPets program is booked.
For Outdoor Programs, shade is required and the temperature range for programs must range from 70° – 90°. If it extremely hot and humid on the day of a program, alternate location options must be provided.
OPets Animal Choices
- Ball Python: 3 feet long; stocky snake; brown with black pattern.
- Black-Headed Python: 5.5 feet long; medium thickness; sandy-color with solid black head.
- Boa Constrictor: 6 – 7 feet long; brown and black pattern; stocky snake.
- Bull Snake: 4 feet long (approx.); orange and black.
- Burmese Python: 10 – 12 feet long; very large snake. **Customer Favorite**
- Hognose Snake: small; stout-bodied with a shovel-like nose; sandy-color.
- King Snake: 3 feet long; thin.
- Milk Snake: 4 feet long; slender snake with red, black, and white color markings.
- Pine Snake: 5 feet long (approx.); medium thickness.
- Argentine Tegu: 3 feet long; stocky; medium; black and white.
- Bearded Dragon: 1 foot long (approx.); appears thorny; sandy color (may eat bugs).
- Black Throat Monitor: Dark color with a black throat (currently juvenile size).
- Blue Tongue Skink: 2 feet long; stocky; brown and gray with bright blue tongue. **Customer Favorite**
- Colombian Tegu: 2 feet long; black and white with long, forked tongue.
- Crested Gecko: 6 inches long with small hair-like projections around the eyes and head.
- Cuban Rock Iguana: 2 feet long; black and grey (may eat bugs or a banana).
- Green Iguana: 3 feet long (approx.); bright green color.
- Leopard Gecko: 6 – 7 inches long; yellow with brown spots; (may eat bugs during the program). **Customer Favorite**
- Monkey-Tail Skink: 2 feet long (approx.); olive-green with prehensile tail.
- Savannah Monitor: Brown, stocky lizard, 1.5 feet long (approx.)
Note: • Not permitted in New Jersey. • No one can pet these animals in New York.
- Alligator: Baby alligator; dark
- Caiman: 3 feet long (approx.); black; looks like a mini-alligator.
- African Bullfrog: Large; green and yellow (may eat bugs during the program).
- Giant Marine Toad: Large; brown and bumpy with dry skin.
- Spanish-Ribbed Newt: 5 inches long – brown; looks like a Salamander.
- Tree Frog: Bright green with sticky feet (may eat bugs during the program). **Customer Favorite**
- Arctic Fox: Fluffy fox that changes colors with the seasons; Not permitted in New Jersey.
- Cavy: Related to the guinea pig, wild cavies, and the Capybara. **NEW Customer Favorite**
- Chinchilla: Very soft fur, (takes dust bath during the program). **Customer Favorite**
- Fennec Fox: Tiny desert white/tan fox with big ears; Not permitted in New Jersey.
- Guinea Pig: Soft, furry and vocal; baby guinea pigs when available.
- Hedgehog: 6 inches; covered with prickly hairs.
- Hooded Rat: Various colors; baby rats when available.
- Mini Pig: (may eat during program). **Customer Favorite**
- Nine-Banded Armadillo: 2 feet long; armored plates; (may eat bugs). No one can pet this animal in NJ.
- Rabbit: Very fluffy and soft; baby bunnies, when available.
- Sugar Glider: 8 inches; Marsupial; brown with black stripe (may eat bugs).
- Three-Banded Armadillo: Tiny; rolls into a ball; No one can pet this animal in New Jersey.
- Wallaby: Small or mid-sized Macropod, similar to a small kangaroo; Not permitted in New Jersey.
Birds (All birds must remain indoors.)
- Cockatoo: Rose-Breasted: Gray and pink; talks during the show. No one can pet this animal.
- Blue and Gold Macaw: Large; blue and yellow bird; (may talk and play dead).
- Silkie Rooster (chicken family): Soft, fluffy white feathers; “Cock-A-Doodle-Doos” may occur!
Tortoises & Turtles
- Alligator Snapping Turtle: Huge mouth, big in size; fresh water. No one can pet this animal.
- Burmese Mountain Tortoise: 2 feet long (approx.); dark brown; (may eat during the program).
- Red Foot Tortoise: About the size of a football, (may eat during the program). **Customer Favorite**
Insects & Arachnids
- Emperor Scorpion: 5 inches long; glows under black light. No one can pet this arachnid.
- Hissing Roaches: 3 inches long (approx.) and hisses!
- Millipede: 6 inches long; segmented body with lots of legs.
- Stick Insect: 6 inches long (approx.) and looks exactly like a twig for camouflage.
- Tarantula: Large; hairy spider; very friendly and safe!